Working at Apptension
Hi from Apptension, Poland-based quality software craftsmen who mix outstanding tech skills with a solid dose of creativity. We partner with the world’s leading brands, disruptive start-ups, and ingenious investors coding their ideas into reality!
We flavor our client’s projects with the secret sauce which, taking dozens of awards they received into consideration, the industry finds delicious. But don’t take our word for it - join us and see for yourself what the Apptension vibe is all about.
Now, we’re looking for a brilliant Business Development Manager to join our team.
What's this position about?
As a Business Development Manager at Apptension, you will be expected to:
- have a very hands on approach to work with outbound and inbound leads and focus your efforts wisely on effectively converting those leads through to the next stages of our pipeline
- respond to customer queries in a timely manner, provide accurate information, and create a positive customer experience by following established communication and sales processes
- take over the ownership of RFPs and quotes as well as be responsible for the final proposals sent to the client - you’ll have to make sure that Apptension’s approach is competitive, of high quality, and feasible
- collaborate with Apptension’s project teams and clients’ representatives to ensure that the former takes into consideration the needs of the latter in creating service quotations and proposals
- recognise the situations when you should provide early-stage proposals independently, based on previous experience or with minimal consultation from other team members in order to efficiently steer the initial conversation with a lead in the right direction before engaging more resources
- use the existing measures to ensure client’s positive experience and happiness at every stage of the project cycle. You will be the client's advocate on our teams
- initiate and coordinate sales back-office processes and documentation
- negotiate terms with new accounts and closing business deals
- contribute to the sales pipeline by actively chasing networking opportunities and recognizing situations, places, and people that could be turned into leads
- plan your work independently in alignment with KPIs and objectives the sales team
- build relationships with leads and clients through comprehensive conversations and strong merits
What do you need to have to join us?
We value proactive approach and strong working ethics. Here’s a list of the skills that we would like you to have:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in IT services, SaaS sales, agency at the client-facing role
- impressive written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal abilities
- practical experience of working at different stages of the sales pipeline - lead generation, lead qualification, account management - strong understanding of how to successfully move leads between those stages
- proven track record of closing business deals - strong understanding of what makes a good offer and how to get a ‘go ahead’
- love for chasing opportunities that may not be immediately obvious or clearly articulated but require creative and proactive approach
- previous experience in gathering early requirements from potential clients and ability to create offers that meet them
- working with targets (monthly, quarterly, etc.) experience and having a good track record of accomplishing them
- experience of collaborating with project and technical teams in responding to clients’ requirements - owning and leading this process even though you may not have a full technical knowledge
- proactive approach to networking and seeking new opportunities within the lead’s network
- excellent command of written and spoken English (CEFR C2+)
We also value a lot:
Things that will help you stand out from the other candidates:
- experience with an OKR-like system or another goal-oriented methodology
- a proactive approach to improving processes
Here's what we have to offer:
The Apptension Vibe is our favorite perk: we’re really into laughs, high fives and comfy clothes.
Other benefits include:
UoP: 5000 - 8500+ PLN net
B2B: 8000 - 12000+ PLN net + VAT
- flexible form of employment
- flexible working hours
- work in well-oiled Scrum teams; we enjoy spending time together not only in the office
- possibility of working remotely or from an office conveniently located in the center of Poznań
- sports card
- private health insurance
- co-financed trainings and conferences
- internal crowdfunding - each month our employees receive their own budget they can use to execute different ideas - our Wishlist was awarded with an "EB Kreator 2016" prize for the best internal employer branding campaign
- a wide choice of beverages and fresh fruits
- a well-equipped chill room with PlayStation and board games
- team retreats