Working at Apptension
Hi from Apptension, Poland-based quality software craftsmen who mix outstanding tech skills with a solid dose of creativity. We partner with the world’s leading brands, disruptive start-ups, and ingenious investors coding their ideas into reality!
We flavor our client’s projects with the secret sauce which, taking dozens of awards they received into consideration, the industry finds delicious. But don’t take our word for it - join us and see for yourself what the Apptension vibe is all about.
Why do we need you?
We are now on a lookout for a well-organized and precise Office Manager to make Apptension the best place to work for our current and future employees. Your goal will be to run an effective and smooth functioning of our office and support our employees in everyday issues.
What's this position about?
As an Office Manager at Apptension, you will be expected to:
- purchase office supplies
- take care of office correspondence and parcels
- coordinate third party services (e.g. cleaning service, facility management, security)
- make sure our office is a friendly place to work at: monitor the equipment, check supplies and arrange the necessary repairs
- prepare and archive forms, reports, memos, documents (both formal and informal)
- cooperate with the external Accounting Office (holiday request applications, vacation plans, health and safety regulations)
- prepare all documents for new employees (based on ready-made document templates)
- manage employee benefits (medical insurance, sports cards, life insurance, Wishlist)
- organize and coordinate business trips
- coordinate an invoice workflow
- assist in organizing company events, client workshops, meetings
- take care of our internal library of books and board games
- plan an Office budget and control of its implementation
- perform other administrative duties as assigned by the management
- report directly to the Head of Finance
How will your typical workday look like?
You open the office every day at 8:00 AM and start your work with a small office tour to ensure that our space is well prepared for a working day. We have a daily cleaning service, and your role is to coordinate it to keep our office tidy and clean. If there are client’s meetings planned in the conference room you’re responsible for making arrangements - such as preparing coffee breaks and ordering food. You're also in charge of making sure that all the supplies are in place and our office equipment is working fine. This role is not only restricted to managing the office but includes also taking care of employee documents, benefits, vacation plans, budgets, and invoices so you get a chance to handle more administrative tasks as well. For bigger tasks, we have weekly planning to make sure that everything that’s important is under control.
Tools you’ll be working with:
- Jira and Confluence - for weekly task planning
- Teamdeck - for taking care of employee vacation plans and reporting your working time
- Slack - for internal communication
- Zoom, Google Meet - for all team meetings and company-wide meetings
- Gsuite (Google Drive) - for working with documents
- Taxxo - for managing invoices
What do you need to have to join us?
We value great ideas and strong working ethics. Here’s a list of the skills that we would like you to have:
- experience in managing office
- proven track record of handling a variety of administrative tasks
- meticulous and detail-oriented attitude, especially when it comes to keeping the office clean
- excellent computer skills, proficiency in Google Docs is required
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- strong organizational and prioritization skills
- ability to research data quickly and accurately
- full-time availability
- good command of English both spoken and written (at least B2)
We also value a lot:
Things that will help you stand out from the other candidates:
- some experience in administration or/and HR
- experience in the IT industry,
- practical labor law knowledge (agreements, holidays, work regulations)
Here's what we have to offer:
The Apptension Vibe is our favorite perk: we’re really into laughs, high fives and comfy clothes.
- Other benefits include:
UoP: 2500 - 3500 net
B2B: 4100 - 5800 net + VAT
- working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
- work in well-oiled teams; we like to spend time with each other not only in the office
- an office conveniently located in the center of Poznań
- sports card
- private health insurance
- co-financed trainings and conferences
- internal crowdfunding - each month our employees receive their own budget they can use to execute different ideas - our Wishlist was awarded with an "EB Kreator 2016" prize for the best internal employer branding campaign
- a wide choice of beverages and fresh fruits
- a well-equipped chill room with PlayStation, books and board games
- team retreats
Do you want to join Apptension?
Hi I’m Piotr and I’m working here as a Head of Finance.
My goal is to make Apptension thrive as a company but also as a workplace but also keep an eye on our company finances.
I’m looking forward to collaborating with you to get it done!