Working at Apptension
Hi from Apptension, Poland-based quality software craftsmen who mix outstanding tech skills with a solid dose of creativity. We partner with the world’s leading brands, disruptive start-ups, and ingenious investors coding their ideas into reality!
We flavor our client’s projects with the secret sauce which, taking dozens of awards they received into consideration, the industry finds delicious. But don’t take our word for it - join us and see for yourself what the Apptension vibe is all about.
Now, we’re looking for a talented Python Developer to join our team.
What's this position about?
As a Python Developer at Apptension, you will be expected to:
- work in Scrum to deliver international projects
- develop web app logic using Django or Flask (based on REST API architecture) and external APIs
- take part in our mentoring program to share your knowledge and improve your skills
- take part in internal R&D projects
What do you need to have to join us?
We value high technical skills and strong working ethics. Here’s a list of the skills that we would like you to have:
- minimum 2 years of experience working as a Python Developer
- well-grounded knowledge of Python and frameworks like Django
- good understanding of relational databases, like PostgreSQL as well as key value storages like Redis
- hands-on experience of GIT version control system
- knowledge of Docker, with ability to construct docker compose yaml files
- experience working with 3rd party services in server-to-server communication
- some experience with serverless architecture and frameworks like serverless or AWS Chalice
- knowledge of delegating time consuming tasks away from HTTP requests
- good command of English, both spoken and written (at least B2)
We also value a lot:
Things that will help you stand out from the other candidates:
- great organizational skills
- analytical thinking and problem-solving attitude
- desire to grow professionally
- thirst for the latest technology trends
- being a team player
- ability to take constructive criticism and provide valuable feedback
- PaaS of choice (e.g. AWS, Google App Engine)
- Node.js or/and WebSockets technologies
- practical experience in automated software testing
Here's what we have to offer:
The Apptension Vibe is our favorite perk: we’re really into laughs, high fives and comfy clothes.
Other benefits include:
UoP: 5000 - 11600+ PLN net
B2B: 6500 - 16000+ PLN net + VAT
- flexible form of employment
- flexible working hours
- work in well-oiled Scrum teams; we like to spend time with each other not only in the office
- possibility of working remotely or from an office conveniently located in the center of Poznań
- sports card
- private health insurance
- co-financed trainings and conferences
- internal crowdfunding - each month our employees receive their own budget they can use to execute different ideas - our Wishlist was awarded with an "EB Kreator 2016" prize for the best internal employer branding campaign
- a wide choice of beverages and fresh fruits
- a well-equipped chill room with PlayStation and board games
- team retreats